venerdì, luglio 04, 2008

italiano o inglese

Pitchfork: That's interesting, because many fans are intrigued by your lyrics because you sing in English and you're not a native speaker, so there's always a bit of difference in meaning – you choose words differently and use words that we wouldn't use together. Is that almost a deliberate shifting of meaning on your part?

Markus Acher: In the beginning, when I started writing lyrics and singing in English, I always thought it's pop music, you sing in English. But after I thought about it more, I had this crisis and I thought it was really stupid to sing in English. You always have to translate and you can never say what you want. I was becoming really conscious of this process of translation, and then I met Adam Drucker (doesone) and he was really important, because he was someone who I think is a really great writer and he would tell me I could use words totally differently, because I don't know them. That's something he wanted to achieve, but he'd have to forget what he knew about the language. For me, that's kind of interesting. It's very limited to write in English, and it's still very different from what I would write in German. But this process of always translating makes it very abstract and gives me a chance to express something I couldn't express in German. Also, Adam gave me a lot of books, some by Beat Poets like Bob Kaufman. Reading those books has really impressed me and influenced me. I don't totally understand it, I think, but I understand it in a different way, and it was totally interesting. I get melodies in my heads from the words.


nei primi frettolosi ascolti ho valutato male il nuovo album dei Notwist "the devil + you and me". è un disco decisamente bello.


Commenti:
prossimo album in italiano?!?!?

e comunque ci vediamo a ferrara per i notwist vero??

pet
 
per l'italiano credo sia giusto attendere il 6 album
 
...anche a me è paiciuto molto...cresce lentamente....ma poi non ti si stacca più dalla testa...
and
www.wrong-.splinder.com
 
A me é successo invece il contrario: primo/secondo ascolto bello poi non ho piu´avuto voglia di ascoltarlo...dai ci sono un paio di brani cosi noiosi! mhhh jukka, sará mica cecitá affettiva!!

(dimenticai la tua mail! :)
H.
 
mi pare una scelta saggia...
 
vero, cresce e cresce di ascolto in ascolto.
ed è veramente bello bello.
 
cara H.
puo' essere che sia un caso di cecità affettiva. questo si non voglio nemmeno minimamente provare a negarlo.
altrimente non si spiegerebbe il perche' in questo momento mi sto ascoltando faking the book dei lali puna.

oppoure si ...c'e' una spiegazione. e' che quei suoni mi piacciono. intimamente. molto.
il disco dei notwist non è un nuovo neon golden, ovvero un disco capace di riscrivere una piccola quantità di particolari nel rapporto tra musica suonata ed elettronica. in un contesto decisamente pop.
in the devil + me and you manca questa spinta in avanti. nella definizione di una via nuova.
ma le canzoni sono in molti casi buone.
io mi sono ritrovato in alcune spiaggie deserte della sardegna ad inizio giugno con questo disco nelle orecchie. spesso solo in mezzo a boschi o in calette battute dal vento.
e wow.
si il disco mi piace per la qualità degli arrangiamenti e gli sviluppi melodici.

in piu' ci voglio bene. si si
 
la mail

thisisourdiet at gmail dot com
 
Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]





<< Home page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Iscriviti a Post [Atom]